Tuesday, September 14, 2010

1st paragraph

     New Zealand Rabbits are the mainstay of the domestic rabbit industry.   I raise them because I like them, and they are good producers.  From a litter of eight kits, in ten weeks time I have eight approximately five pound rabbits, called fryers.  I can sell them for right now$ 1.45 per pound live weight.  This provides a bit of an income that I and my family use.  Some people will think ill of me because I raise rabbits for meat, however they are not much different form raising chickens or other animals.

4 comments:

  1. I did not realize people actually sold rabbits as meat. Although they are "cute and cuddly", I agree that they aren't much different from any other livestock really. They dont seem like the biggest source of income, but it can still put some food on the table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. People probably have problems with rabbits because people think their cute and all that. Ive never had rabbit i wonder how it tastes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never knew that people sell rabbits as meat, and I honestly I find it kind of sad. But it's income that matters. Rabbits are just soo cute, where chickens and cows arent cute at all...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had no idea either that people raised rabbits for meat, but that's a cool hobby. What do you eat rabbit with? A rabbit sandwich?

    ReplyDelete